Get 100% Salary increment - Sample Letter

Get 100% Salary increment

Goodbye Letter to Colleagues

Introduction

A Goodbye Letter to colleagues is written by an existing employee bidding farewell to his colleagues or co-workers. It can be a light-hearted letter or heavy due to the sadness of leaving but usually noted with thanks for the friendship or support enjoyed while working there. The letter may reminisce various incidents that the writer wishes to include, which are related to his/her time of working in the business firm, organization or institution. The letter is usually informal and does not entail any legal or formal requirements.

The reasons for termination of employment with a firm or organization may be varied, but the writer must make an effort to write a letter to his erstwhile colleagues. This gesture of writing a letter and addressing one’s co-workers acts as a great way to continue the relationship that the writer may have with his/her previous colleagues. Sudden disappearance from work may be seen as arrogance and this might not be appreciated in the organization. The letter must include details regarding future plans that the writer may have regarding personal or professional life.


Sample Letter

The following is a Sample of a Goodbye Letter to Colleagues.

From,

Michael Backwood,

Supervisor,

West Electric Company Production,

Utopia.

Date: 22 July 1776.

To,

Staff members,

West Electric Company Production,

Utopia.

Subject: Good Bye!

Dear all,

As you know, it is my last day at work here. Please allow me to pen my deepest thoughts before I leave. I have been working here for five years. I am so grateful to each and every one of you who has supported me all these years that I may rise to the current post of supervisor.

Thank you so much for your cooperation in all the projects we took on in Production in my capacity as Supervisor. I have enjoyed working with each of you. But it is time to part ways as I have to progress for the sake of my young children.

My heart is sad to leave you, but I believe you will continue to excel in my absence. One of you will surely take over my position and do a better job. Do continue to work together and enjoy working with one another.

If you are free or in New Orleans, do give me a call. I would love to meet up with you. I wish each one of you the best and success in your career as you continue in Production.

All the Best,

Michael Backwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

80 Happy Diwali Greetings and Wishes to Welcome Love and Light

 Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights or Deepavali, is celebrated in homes and communities in India and around the world by Hindus, ...