Get 100% Salary increment - Sample Letter

Get 100% Salary increment

Leave Extension Letter

A Leave Extension letter is submitted by an employee who is on leave but requires some extra days; usually due to some unforeseen circumstances. The letter should be very specific about the issue and explains clearly the reason for the required extension. The letter should be courteous and humble so that no negative action will be taken against the employee.
From:
Jenny Baker
35 Walder Crescent
Brisbane, QLD 4702

January 24, 2011

To:
Mr. Philips Graham
Manager
Graham Services Enterprise

Dear Sir

Re: Leave Extension

First of all, I am so sorry that I am unable to return to work on January 26, 2011, as per my leave plan. I am still stranded in Brisbane, Australia where it is flooded over the past three days. I have been visiting my brother here, and the flights are grounded until Saturday which is January 28, 2011.

I am doing my best to get the first flight home from here. Hence, I foresee that I would only be back to work on January 30, 2011.

So, secondly, I am requesting for a leave extension from January 26-29. I will carbon copy this letter to Ms. Piers of HR.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended leave of absence.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Jenny Baker
Secretary
c.c. Ms. Piers, HR

No comments:

Post a Comment

80 Happy Diwali Greetings and Wishes to Welcome Love and Light

 Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights or Deepavali, is celebrated in homes and communities in India and around the world by Hindus, ...